music

Monday, August 28, 2017

It's baking time, not a cake but us-traveling through the Mojave Desert and Parker, AZ

We left the KOA by the Sequoia and now had a two day travel to Flagstaff, AZ to see the Grand Canyon. 
When we first left and also coming back from the Sequoia that California agriculture is booming out here. Yes of course I know from when I buy fruit and veggies from the store but when you see it, it has more of a impact. Acres and acres of beautiful groves, just made me feel like I was home in Florida, minus the railroads. Boy now those things are booming here and they are miles long and running continuous. 





It was amazing the wind mills that are out here, too, thousands, not hundreds. Yes the wind does blow but it does not make it seem any cooler, although I know it does.



The travel was beyond hot.
 Mojave desert area.
A rain shower came through, the temp dropped to 76 and in 20 minutes the temp was back up to 116.
 Joshua Trees

 Oh my!

 Can you believe this. This is with the a/c going. I need to check my eggs in the frig I bet they are hard boiled by now. They say the desert heat isn't as bad as the humid heat in Florida. No they are wrong it is beyond hot. It was so hot the a/c could not keep up. We went to take showers and the cold water was too hot, just as hot as the hot water (really not kidding). We went to Walmart, didn't need anything but needed to cool down. Went back to motorhome still the a/c could not keep up. We went and swam in the Colorado River to try to cool down to go to bed.  Got up in the morning it had cooled down to 105. Really when you start the day at that temp it goes no where but up, lets head to the hills, NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment